Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you self-motivated with entrepreneurial experience? This may be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for someone to join our team as a Business Consultant.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Consult with clients to ascertain the feasibility of their small business start-up including, but not limited to, assisting with marketing strategies, product identity, financial projections, profitability analysis, and business plan requirements.
- Assist clients with conducting studies or surveys on needs or problems in their proposed or existing business to obtain information required for marketing and/or business plans.
- Analyze information to assist clients in determining solutions such as the installation of alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, modification of machines or equipment, or redesign of products and services.
- Lead workshops, mentor roundtables, and create presentations for small business owners. The workshops may be offered in the evening or on weekends for those unable to attend during normal working hours.
- Organize training logistics and presentations such as promotional marketing, course materials, class files, workbooks, and book guest speakers for training
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to organize various components needed to initiate, run, and conclude WBC projects
- Organize program events, attend conferences, and events as a representative of the organization
- Educate clients on credit issues and advise them on various funding options available for small business owners
- Collect client success stories from clients and testimonials from donors, etc.
- Create impactful messaging using social media or mass email communication methods
- Effectively communicate in a written format for content such as press releases and other marketing materials
- Marketing for events and workshops
- Collect client information during consultations and training activities
- Maintain accurate records in the WBC database including, but not limited to, confidential intake paperwork
- Weekly reconciliation reporting for intake forms and class attendees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail and exceptional customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Experience with Microsoft Applications
Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of high school or the equivalent, resulting in the award of a high school diploma or the equivalent, such as the General Education Development (GED)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable about social media
- Database experience preferred but not required
Salary Range: Depending on education and experience